Senior Program Manager, Contingent Workforce
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager, Contingent Workforce who will be responsible for ongoing operational maintenance of the contingent workforce at Airbnb.
The Contingent Workforce, Senior Program Manager will report to the Head of Global Procurement, and will be responsible for policies, systems, and vendor relationships pertaining to the contingent workforce program. The Contingent Workforce, Senior Program Manager will closely partner with Diversity & Belonging, Legal, Procurement, HR, and other business partners to drive program efficiencies, and effectively align with business needs and priorities, to deliver quality talent at market competitive rates.
This role will reevaluate current processes including MSP, VMS configurations, approvals, suppliers, and opportunities to be innovative within the evolving gig economy. This individual will bring together various teams to ensure that processes are compliant and automated to drive great contingent labor outcomes for Airbnb. The Contingent Workforce, Senior Program Manager will also interact directly with hiring managers in assisting with business strategy, use, diversity, and onboarding of contingent workers.
- Lead the Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Vendor Management System (VMS) relationships to ensure excellent customer service, compliance, co-innovation, and process simplification in order to improve program effectiveness.
- Drive performance optimization and continuous evaluation of Airbnb’s MSP and VMS relationships.
- Maintain a competitive understanding of standard methodologies and emerging trends to recommend improvements to the program.
- Use contingent workforce data and KPIs to proactively identify and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Outline workstream nuances and build processes that meet the needs of various contingent worker engagements including freelancers, on-demand suppliers, and creative services professionals.
- Configure all SOW engagements through MSP to ensure consistency in onboarding and worker management.
- Supports businesses in trainings and day-to-day questions regarding classification of workers and general process questions, and serve as point of escalation for complex contingent worker situations.
- Continuously improve contingent worker processes to improve user experience and reduce process friction.
- Own all program compliance management including the creation and implementation of policy documentation, training and communication.
- Prepare a standard methodology for labor utilization/decision framework for the business to use while making contingent labor decisions.
- MBA preferred.
- Previous experience in Tech.
- +12 years of experience managing a contingent workforce program (MSP setting and possesses knowledge of HR, Staffing, MSP, VMS, employment law, and worker classifications).
- Strong relationship building skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in implementing Diversity & Belonging strategies desired.
- Well versed in contingent workforce laws and regulations, including 1099/IC compliance, and solid understanding of contingent worker classifications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence up, down and across the organization.
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, have a keen attention to detail, and can complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion, independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Workday HCM.
The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 & $225,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.