Senior Communications Manager
London, United Kingdom
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
The communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether we are briefing press on inspiring travel trends, highlighting unique experiences led by local hosts, or explaining how travel on our platform benefits local families and communities, we are the voice of Airbnb on a broad range of topics. We're a fast growing and high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest communications teams, come tell us your story.
Based in London and reporting to the Northern Europe Lead, we are hiring a Senior Communications Manager, to tell the Airbnb story in the UK & Ireland. You will manage a team of two junior managers and work alongside a cross-functional team from public policy, marketing, legal and sales to showcase the benefits of sharing your home and travelling on Airbnb.
You must be comfortable with building and executing large scale campaigns with high reach and visibility and developing and delivering bi-annual communications plans working closely with the Northern Europe Lead. You will be adept at working directly with journalists, liaising with agency partners, managing media enquiries and event coordination and gathering stories from within our host community. We’re looking for a passionate, articulate and savvy communicator who can work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Experience across all comms verticals, consumer, corporate and policy communications in order to develop integrated cross functional comms strategies while managing a policy comms manager and a consumer comms manager.
- Understanding local business and policy needs as well as global communications priorities and own a proactive communications plan and strategy for the UK & Ireland.
- Strong ability to work and influence teams cross functionally, integrating comms plans seamlessly with other departments and functions, such as marketing, policy and legal and maintaining a diplomatic and considered approach to the wider business objectives.
- Provides trusted comms counsel to in market stakeholders, i.e. Country Manager, Policy Campaign Manager and marketing managers.
- Manages agencies effectively to deliver outstanding results on behalf of the business
- Skilled at media relations with excellent and well maintained media contacts and an eye for what makes a compelling story.
- Possesses a strong understanding of UK cultural trends and pop culture and has experience working with industry partners to build effective campaigns
- Calm and effective in a crisis and able to change directions and adapt plans at late notice
- Good problem solver and comfortable operating in ambiguous situations, remaining optimistic and positive in difficult situations
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Works autonomously with minimal managerial oversight but knows the right time to check in
- University educated + 10 or more years of experience in communications or a related field
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communications- and skills
- A passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company and experienced working on projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- An international outlook and passion for travel
- Ability to travel between priority markets and elsewhere, sometimes at short notice