Social Media Specialist, Spanish
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Social Media Specialist
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Social Media Operations team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and that’s why we’re working so hard to build the world’s most loyal travel community.
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re committed to creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are seeking a community-centric professional who is motivated by the opportunity to deliver unique and personalized customer service experiences via Airbnb’s social media channels.
- Proactively and independently works to meet targets and goals.
- Provide knowledgeable and efficient service to a diverse audience.
- Displays patience, empathy, a unique ability to manage stress, the ability to work under pressure and adapt to adverse situations.
- Actively manage high-risk contacts over Twitter, Facebook and other regionally specific social media channels, maintaining SLAs.
- Triage and delegate situations that require specialized or more intensive case management.
- Assist in engagement activity (general, surprise & delight, campaign) on an as-needed basis.
- Identify trends and recommend improvements to workflows, products, and business processes.
- Maintain a strong, current understanding of workflow changes.
- Complete required cross-functional trainings in a timely manner.
- Employing Creativity and Solving Problems: You have a passion for thinking outside the box to find creative solutions, and you’re excited about experimental ways to improve the experience for our community.
- Taking Initiative: You can work with minimal direction and support, and you achieve a high level of output and success. You actively identify next steps, goals, and tasks, and you accomplish them diligently.
- Prioritizing the Community: You're devoted to being a good host to the Airbnb community—both internal and external. You make yourself available. You're dedicated to meeting the community's needs, so you listen closely to feedback and use it to propose improvements to our products and services. You encourage and empower your peers to always put the community first.
- Valuing DIversity and Maintaining Composure: You leverage empathy while working with a diverse community comprised of your peers and those you support through your core work. You display patience along with a unique ability to manage stress and the ability to work under pressure and adapt to adverse situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write, and produce content in the Spanish language
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience.
- Excellent copy writing skills; strong written and verbal communication.
- Passion for social media, including knowledge of social media platforms, best practices, and tools of the trade.
- Availability for a schedule of 40 hours a week, one that spans weekends and holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
The starting base pay for this role is between $19.57 and $24.47. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.