Senior Engineering Manager - Traffic & Attribution Data
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anybody can belong anywhere. Part of our strategy for doing this is to leverage data to build a platform which helps our guests and hosts have exceptional travel experiences. We are striving to build industry’s best Data Engineering practice at Airbnb. If you are an outstanding Data Engineering leader and are inspired by our mission, we want to hear from you!
As the Senior Engineering Manager for Traffic & Attribution Data, you’ll lead a hybrid team of Data Engineers & Analytics Engineers in building trustworthy data assets (i.e. tables, metrics dashboards) intended for broad consumption from stakeholders across the company. Ideally, you have a strong technical background which spans software engineering & data engineering. You also must be inspired by the power of data, and be able to intuitively identify opportunities where trustworthy data can help create business value, either through analytics, reporting, or machine learning.
You will be responsible for the following data domains:
- Visitors & Device Graph - How many visits are we receiving? How many visitors are we receiving? How do visits across multiple devices map to unique visitors?
- Locations - What is the location of each listing on Airbnb? Each user?
- Attribution - How effectively are marketing campaigns driving visitors & conversions to our site?
- Bots - How much of our traffic is driven by humans vs bots? What product surfaces are bots visiting? How do our bot interventions affect bot traffic?
In addition, you will be responsible for our X360 platform, a data product which allows data consumers to discover and consume our most valuable data on our core business entities (e.g. guests, hosts, listings).
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop a bold vision and comprehensive roadmaps which transform our company capabilities through data
- Partner with business and Data Science teams to acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of current and future business context and requirements
- Build & lead a world class Engineering team
- Establish a team culture around engineering excellence
- Lead development of a data architecture for your domains which integrates with the broader company data architecture
- Deliver broadly used foundational data models (tables & metrics) and dashboards and support consumers of these assets
- Partner with infrastructure teams to develop next generation data platform capabilities
We seek Engineering Managers who have:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience in data or analytics engineering, including 5+ hands-on engineering management experience
- Hands-on experience with designing large scale offline data systems for high performance
- Experience with modern batch & real-time data processing technologies
- Proven track record in building and leading incredible engineering teams
- Passionate about understanding data and its relevance to business decisions
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving environment supporting a rapidly growing business
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Demonstrated project management skills
Live & Work Anywhere!
When you work at Airbnb, you can live and work anywhere. You can work remotely, or in one of our offices across the world. We’ll get together regularly to build connections with our team members and partners. We will work with you to figure out the best arrangement for you and the team.
The starting base pay for this role is between $220,000 - $305,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as education, experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits and Employee Travel Credits.