Lead UX Writer, Accessibility & Design Systems
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Airbnb UX Writing team is growing, and we’re looking for a strong writer who's passionate about accessibility to join our team. As part of the design team, this person will work closely with accessibility strategists, inclusive design leads, product designers and researchers to elevate Airbnb’s product quality and empower our writing team to deliver innovative and accessible copy. In addition to leading our digital accessibility efforts, you’ll help craft and document the design system for the UX Writing team who is responsible for shaping experiences, building trust with our community, and evolving our brand voice with inclusivity in mind.
- Co-develop accessible UI components, templates, and other solutions to help the UX Writing team deliver product copy at scale.
- Define and document UX writing standards for Airbnb’s Design Component Library.
- Develop resources, lead trainings, and provide support on writing for assistive technologies and resolving digital accessibility issues on the platform.
- Responsible for sizing, scoping and making recommendations for resourcing accessibility and design system projects.
- Define our accessibility writing standards to conform with WCAG 2.1 (AA Level) standards.
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our translations team to improve quality.
- Share your work with other UX Writers, provide feedback on their work, and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding, or recruiting.
- Experience with writing for accessibility and assistive technologies.
- Experience with and passion for design libraries, standards, and taxonomies.
- 5+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, or content strategy on a product team.
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns.
- Experience writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission and deep empathy for our diverse community.
The starting base pay for this role is between $124,000 and $171,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.