Payments Product Management Lead
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
The difference you will make:
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organization has five programs:
- Payments platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value,
- Commerce platform - fueling growth for our business,
- Compliance & Ops - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
- Foundation - scaling our systems and infrastructure, and
- Professional Services - ensuring strategic alignment with our business customers.
A typical day:
This role is in the Payments Platform program. We’re looking for a product manager with extensive experience in the payments space - the kind of person who loves the “plumbing” of payments, working with gateways, acquirers, and global processors. The kind of person who loves efficiency, tight operations, and maximizing global acceptance. If that person sounds like you, we’d love to meet!
- 12+ years building payments in a product management role
- Technical background: experience as an engineer, data scientist, payment operations, etc.
- Global perspective - experience with global payment methods outside of credit cards
- Partnerships - experience working with global payment providers, influencing their roadmaps
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources
- Loves managing and developing product managers, proven builder of successful teams
How we'll take care of you:
The starting base pay for this role is between $210,000 and $275,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.