Staff Software Engineer, Bookings Orchestration
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Booking is at the core of the Airbnb marketplace that enables the connection between our guests and hosts. The Orchestration team is a high-impact team focused on building the next generation of our order orchestration system. We collaborate with Bookings, Payments, and Trust teams and cross-functional partners to improve the efficiency, reliability and ergonomics of the system. We seek to drive innovative solutions which will enable us to revolutionize the travel experience and advance Airbnb’s mission.
- Lead booking engineering projects to improve booking experience, system scalability and performance.
- Mentor, guide, advocate and support the career growth of individual contributors.
- Write and review technical designs that solve large, open-ended foundational technical problems without clearly-known solutions
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional partners across Bookings and organizations such as Payments and Trust to align on long-term technical solutions
- Proactively grows knowledge of leading edge practices and trends involving workflow orchestration systems
- Self-driven and ability to be accountable for key deliverables in our booking system
- 8+ years of relevant engineering hands-on work experience in Booking/Ordering or related field
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in CS or related field.
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale application
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Technical leadership and strong communication skills with ability to lead other experienced engineers
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000.00 and $245,000.00. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.