Senior Software Engineer , Quality Engineering
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
The Quality Engineering team helps Airbnb build high quality software efficiently. We enable Airbnb engineers to build highly testable systems. We own and continuously improve Airbnb’s test automation tools, environments and frameworks. We navigate Airbnb’s massive codebase identifying weak spots, and help design and implement testable, fault tolerant systems.
The difference you will make:
As a global company, we recognize that the tools needed to build the quality and reliability of Airbnb products used everyday by our internal and external stakeholders, as well as our internal systems that are used by our global workforce, is an essential element of our contribution. Therefore, our mission is to ensure that Airbnb has the tooling and frameworks necessary to assure quality at scale.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment. We promote sustainable engineering practices, well-being / healthy team dynamics, and value differences.
- Career development – mentoring opportunities, leadership development opportunities, working with the best and the brightest, and internal mobility.
- Work on launching and expanding our protection products across global markets.
- Seize greenfield opportunities on a fast-growing team.
- Deliver on a strategic, multi-year platform roadmap and global rollout.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, data science, data engineering, and numerous platform teams within Airbnb.
A typical day:
- Work closely with the technical lead and be an active owner of Airbnb's Automated Quality Engineering platform, working through ambiguity, concept validation and implementation of best-in-class solutions
- Build our platforms – infrastructure, applications, environments and tools using your expertise in distributed systems
- Design, implement, and operate resilient and scalable distributed systems that enables testability at scale
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code, leveraging and contributing back to open source
- Help Airbnb engineers self-solve issues and share best practices for building testable code
- Work with cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners to drive engineering decisions and influence outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years industry experience in and/or similarly interested
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of Java, Python, Typescript, Go, Rust, C/C++/C# (Good CS fundamentals and be unafraid to jump into unfamiliar code)
- Experience architecting and/or developing distributed systems
- Experience with database design and internals, database language theories and implementation
- Expertise architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems, and integrations across multiple teams with significant impact
- Experience building code coverage tracking and management tools
- Great communication skills and eagerness to learn and share knowledge within the engineering organization
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience working in matrixed organizations
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners
- Experience in Agile SDLC processes
- Experience with Cloud-Native technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Expertise in automated correlation and anomaly detection
- Expertise with global infrastructure, networking, massive data storage systems, load balancing, etc.
- Prior experience building test infrastructure and developer tools
How we'll take care:
The starting base pay for this role is between $164,000 and $215,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.