Staff Software Engineer, Data Governance
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
Data represents the voice of Airbnb’s users at scale. The team is responsible for the foundational big data infrastructure, which is used by hundreds of engineers to collect, manage, and analyze data at scale. Our data infra tech stack is hosted on AWS and primarily based on various open source technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Trino, and Airflow. The team is also responsible for an internal data governance stack to enable the data authorization, authentication, data catalog management. We are hiring a senior manager who has relevant domain expertise with a success track record to manage multiple teams in this domain.
A typical day:
- Lead the domain of data warehouse security, governance and management by managing several teams directly.
- Design, implement and operate large scale distributed infrastructure systems.
- Drive large cross-team initiatives to enhance data security capabilities.
- Strengthen relationships and create clear communication plans with stakeholders across a larger organization.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience designing, building, and operating Data Security and Governance solutions such as data authentication, authorization, data lineage management etc.
- Hands-on experience with modern open source data infrastructure technologies such as Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka, Airflow, Flink etc.
- Proven track record in building and leading successful projects
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving environment supporting a rapidly growing business
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.