Product Manager, Developer Platform
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
Product Manager, Developer Platform
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product manager who is passionate about improving developer productivity. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our developers to rapidly deliver high quality services and experiences to our customers at massive and growing scale. You will be responsible for defining the vision for the future of development at Airbnb, and defining the roadmap for how we will achieve a best in class developer experience that will scale with our growth. Your teams will deliver the core infrastructure that our developers rely on to build, test, and deploy their services and features for our guests and hosts around the world.
The difference you will make:
The Developer Platform Team's mission is to maximize developer effectiveness by providing a dependable and easy-to-use platform to quickly ship and operate quality products at scale. We strive to provide an end-to-end development experience that ultimately enables Airbnb developers to engineer the best software of their careers.
A typical day:
- Establish vision for a world class development experience.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the entire Developer Platform organization. Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our engineers, solving technical and operational problems as they relate to product development.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on your teams’ mission.
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of businesses
- Define key success metrics and SLOs to track developer productivity and quality.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend or developer infrastructure, with 7+ years of product management experience in those areas.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity, product quality, and automating/optimizing developer workflows.
- Demonstrated empathy for key developer pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for developers
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and development process for distributed systems
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive developer ecosystems, platforms and tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy with a wide range of stakeholders, from C-suite execs to technical partners
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.