Staff Software Engineer, Wishlists
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
The Wishlist and social sharing team is responsible for building the future of the wishlist product and how users share all content with friends and family. There has been a renewed interest in developing the wishlist tool to further help travelers plan and make decisions on where to stay and what to do when they arrive.
The difference you will make:
Travelers today use the wishlist to conveniently bookmark and revisit Stays, Experiences and POI’s. This aids in comparison and ultimately results in better decision making. However, there is so much more opportunity to help travelers have the best travel experience of their lives and we believe the wishlist is where this can happen. Our team has been tasked to build the next generation of the Airbnb wishlist tool.
A typical day:
- Design and build large scale backend systems with high availability and scalability.
- Drive cross team conversions such as search, pricing, and listing teams to better help users in their trip planning with Wishlist.
- Design efficient Graph query and query resolvers across multiple backend systems to support both existing and new product features in a fast, scaleable, and efficient way.
- Evolving data storage and access strategies to improve scalability and developer efficiency.
- Technical mentorship and direction setting for the team.
- 8+ years of industry experience on large scale systems
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java/Kotlin/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.)
- Experience designing, building, and iterating on performant and robust large-scale distributed systems with operational practices to ensure high reliability
- A track record of leading engineering project teams and working with cross functional partners to deliver technical solutions that achieve team and organizational goals
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.