Product Manager, Routing Platform
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The mission of the Intelligent Support Platform team is to build reusable platform capabilities such as automation, machine learning, data pipelines and analytics to empower intelligent community support products and services. It’s a core team under Airbnb’s CS Digital Experience Platform that will unlock new experiences and accelerate our CS Digital Experience strategy.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Airbnb CS Platform Products Product Manager, Routing Platform under the ISP Product team will be responsible for creating an ambitious routing vision as well as executing a plan to build out a robust platform to support the dynamic routing strategies and intelligent optimizations to get our Community of guests and Hosts the support they need.
- A successful product candidate will work collaboratively across multiple functional Community Support teams (business, ops, eng, product etc) as well as build strong relationships with stakeholders from other organizations (design, insights, etc) to align and deliver on key initiatives for the Airbnb Community at global scale.
A Typical Day:
- Establish the vision for a product or a group of products based on the value we can provide
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Drive vendor management and alignment discussions
- Develop strong partnerships with analytics and product teams to ensure decisions are data-driven
- Supercharge routing efforts that accelerate our digital experience strategy, ultimately supporting our Community at scale
- 8-10+ years of product management experience OR other technical disciplines related to data (engineering, data science, analysts, etc)
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on data platforms / services
- Data-driven mentality with experience in launching experiments and justifying key business/product decisions based on their results
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Experience working with external partners in a product management or technical role
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Experience as a PM working in a domain with mix of build, buy, and partner integrations
- Contact center and routing domain experience preferred
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.