Product Manager, Experience Platform
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
Please note: Preference for candidate to be based in the Pacific time zone, though not required. Regardless of location, the candidate will be required to work Pacific time zone hours + partner with teams in APAC time zones as needed.
The Difference You Will Make:
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We believe that service will be a major differentiator and driver of Airbnb’s global success and growth. We’re building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivers an exceptional level of customer service and improves efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
At Airbnb, the Community Support journey begins when a guest or host reaches out for help and ends when their challenge is resolved. As a Product Manager on the Digital Experience Platform (DSP) team, you will lead cross-functional collaborations and leverage the best platform capabilities to create a seamless support experience for our users. To succeed in this role, you must have a keen eye for great user experience, strong collaboration skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders.
A successful product candidate will work collaboratively across multiple functional CS teams (business, ops, eng, DS, product etc) as well as build strong relationships with stakeholders from other organizations (design, insights, etc) to align and deliver on key initiatives for the Airbnb Community at global scale. Your goal will be to ensure that the Airbnb Community receives top-notch support, which is critical to the success of our business.
A Typical Day:
- Define a strong product vision and inspire teams towards a unified outcome
- Challenge the status quo and obsess over creating simple and elegant customer experiences
- Have a good understanding of the competitive landscape and set clearly measurable objectives and key results
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team's mission
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners, and the leadership/executive team
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization, which drives product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success and health
- Develop strong partnerships with analytics and product teams to ensure decisions are data-driven
- 10 years of product management experience, product development or design experience, with at least 7 years in a product management role
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication style for different types of audiences
- Ability to appreciate and articulate great user experience
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented, with experience working with partners beyond your immediate cross-functional team
- Radical thinking mindset paired with strong execution skills. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Experience as a PM working in a domain with a mix of build, buy, and partner integrations preferred
- Contact center and channel experience preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin preferred
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.