Senior Android Software Engineer, Pricing Guidance
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Host Pricing & Settings org is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help us craft the next generation of tools for Airbnb hosts. We create tools that help our hosts run their business, giving them insights to help them better price their properties that hopefully lead to better returns. As a Senior Android Software Engineer working in Host pricing, you will help create the next generation of tools and features to help hosts run their business day-to-day.
The Difference You Will Make:
Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Product Managers, Experience Designers and Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android. Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions. Mentor, guide, advocate and support the career growth of individual contributors. Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices.
A Typical Day:
- Work with product and design partners to explore problem spaces and devise solutions to customer problems
- Collaborate with other product engineers and partners to develop new Host pricing functionality and surface insights / analytics
- With Engineering partners, create technical and execution strategies for new projects and legacy migrations
- Hands on develop, working with teams on edge solutions to problems that come about when developing at scale
- Follow data-driven approaches to find inefficiencies in the build/test/deploy pipeline
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing Android applications at scale with a high volume of users
- You possess strong product sense and a passion for UI and UX product development
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Product Management, Design, and other Android, iOS, and Web Engineers
- You’re passionate about continuous learning and innovation in the mobile industry
- Sound engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated. Please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.