Senior Software Engineer, Pricing & Booking
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We currently have hiring for Senior Software Engineers, including:
Pricing & Booking Settings Team
The Pricing & Booking Settings team’s mission is to empower Airbnb hosts to better run their business by providing the tools and education to implement pricing strategies that adapt to their evolving goals. The team is a full stack team and builds host pricing products from end to end. The Pricing & Booking Settings team consistently supports the releases of Airbnb, which directly contributes to the company’s success.
The Difference You Will Make
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with Product/Design teams to align on product requirements.
- Lead the scoping phase, the technical requirements and the implementation of the new functionalities.
- Build efficient and reusable backend components, with high quality, while making sure to maintain performance and scalable systems.
- Mentor and support other engineers in the team or in related teams.
- 6+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience in building and scaling high-quality and high-traffic products (or systems).
- Ability to evaluate technical approaches and design product solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Ability to drive alignment, manage projects and effectively collaborate with stakeholders.
- Mentorship to junior developers
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. . This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application,, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.